Here are a few items you should think about this Christmas season before settling down for your hot apple cider next to the fireplace.
- Make sure to unplug your Christmas lights before leaving since you’re running extra electrical wires this time of year
- Make sure your stove burners are off and keep anything that could possibly burn at least 3 feet away.
- Wait to put small expensive items under your tree until the last minute.
- Start your fireplace early in the day so you can attend to it during your waking hours and keep the chimney flue open until nothing is left but ashes.
- Invest in a fireplace screen to keep popping embers from landing where they shouldn’t.
- Keep the faucets dripping when temperatures dip below freezing and cover your hose bibs on the exterior of your house to keep your pipes from freezing.
- Enjoy time with friends and family and remember – It’s too late to be on your best behavior now, Santa has been watching all year!
Give us a call at Ryan Everet Insurance Agency to review your home, auto, or life insurance needs to make sure you’re adequately covered at the right price. It’s a 10 minute call, that’s all!