Are you a casual weekend rider or a member of the Sons of Texas Motorcycle club putting 300 miles a week on your Harley-Davidson Fatboy? Either way, here are a few tips to consider when looking for your motorcycle insurance:
- Motorcycle insurance is not very expensive. It can be 2 or 3 times less than a car since motorcycles are usually not as valuable and are not likely to cause the same amount of damage compared to a car.
- There are many providers including Progressive, Dairyland and Safeco to name a few offering Motorcycle insurance which means with all of that competition, you will benefit from low premiums.
- Consider going with a higher deductible. The deductible is the amount out your pocket in the event of a claim. Knowing that you have to be extra careful on a motorcycle means that your safe driving will result in fewer claims and can save you a lot of money if you opt for the higher deductible.
- Avoid tickets and accidents. Just like a car, if you have a ticket or accident, your premiums will go up. It seems like a no-brainer, but considering the cost of a ticket alone is about as much fun as listening to fingers on a chalkboard. There’s no need to add the extra cost of insurance as a result of a ticket to rub it in.
- Consider the options available for your budget. There are extra features such as towing and roadside repair that add a small amount to the premium, but might be worth it depending on how you prefer to set up your policy.
Ryan Everet Insurance is dedicated to helping our fellow Texans get the best coverage at the best price. Give us a call today to chat about your motorcycle insurance needs.